MONDAY JUNE 15TH
TBALL FIELD
9:00 - 11:00 Coach Pitch
5:00 - 7:00 TBall Nationals
7:00 - 9:00 TBall American
MINOR/MAJOR FIELD
9:00 - 11:00 OPEN
5:00 - 7:00 Minor League
7:00 - 9:00 Coach Pitch
DIXIE BOYS FIELD
9:00 - 11:00 OPEN
5:00 - 7:00 Dixie Boys
7:00 - 9:00 Dixie Majors
TUESDAY JUNE 16TH
TBALL FIELD
9:00 - 11:00 Coach Pitch
5:00 - 7:00 TBall Nationals
7:00 - 9:00 TBall American
MINOR/MAJOR FIELD
9:00 - 11:00 Tball Nationals
5:00 - 7:00 Minor League
7:00 - 9:00 Major League
DIXIE BOYS FIELD
9:00 - 11:00 OPEN
5:00 - 7:00 Coach Pitch
7:00 - 9:00 Dixie Boys
WEDNESDAY JUNE 17TH
TBALL FIELD
9:00 - 11:00 Coach Pitch
MINOR/MAJOR FIELD
9:00 - 11:00 TBall Nationals
DIXIE BOYS FIELD
9:00 - 11:00 OPEN
THURSDAY JUNE 18TH
TBALL FIELD
9:00 - 11:00 Coach Pitch
5:00 - 7:00 OPEN
7:00 - 9:00 OPEN
MINOR/MAJOR FIELD
9:00 - 11:00 OPEN
5:00 - 7:00 Minor League
7:00 - 9:00 Major League
DIXIE BOYS FIELD
9:00 - 11:00 OPEN
5:00 - 7:00 Dixie Boys
7:00 - 9:00 Dixie Majors
FRIDAY JUNE 19TH
TBALL FIELD
9:00 - 11:00 OPEN
5:00 - 7:00 OPEN
7:00 - 9:00 OPEN
MINOR/MAJOR FIELD
9:00 - 11:00 OPEN
5:00 - 7:00 Minor League
7:00 - 9:00 OPEN
DIXIE BOYS FIELD
9:00 - 11:00 OPEN
5:00 - 7:00 OPEN
7:00 - 9:00 Dixie Majors
SATURDAY JUNE 20TH
TBALL FIELD
9:00 - 11:00 OPEN
11:00 - 1:00 OPEN
1:00 - 3:00 OPEN
MINOR/MAJOR FIELD
9:00 - 11:00 Major League
11:00 - 1:00 Minor League
DIXIE BOYS FIELD
9:00 - 11:00 Dixie Boys
11:00 - 1:00 Dixie Majors
I am very upset about the quality of the All Star uniforms. The pants are very cheap and do no even have the MLB logo on them. I know how every child worked very hard to be on All Stars as well as practiced hard in the heat, I think that the uniforms should have at least been a little better quality. I am also sure that parents are upset that they paid alot of money for the uniforms and recieved something that is not even up to baseball standards. I was under the understanding that they would be belted and with belts, but the pants are thin and will probably tear after one slid into home. I think that either a portion of the money should be applied to next years accounts for all the All Star players, I realize it would be to much to refund money to all the players. I also think that the place we have been ordering uniforms should be aware of how upset the parents are and to make sure it does not happen again.
ReplyDelete(I don't hide behind "anonymous")
ReplyDelete1) I don't understand what the MLB logo has to do with anything.
The all-star team that your child was voted for was Brighton Dixie Youth. It is my undestanding that there was a dixie youth patch fixed to all the uniforms.
2) I agree these uniforms are not life long uniforms. However, there are two things everyone should understand.
First, Prices are what the manufacturer says they are. If you have an issue- contact the place purchased from (if you wrote a check you know that's "Stitch-n-time").
Second, these uniforms have to be back within a certain time frame so everyone has a uniform, and teams have a chance to take their team photo- which is part of the dixie youth rules for tournament play. The original suppliers of uniforms, for the season, could not guarantee such a turn around time.
3) ALL the all-star money collected went to Stitch-n-time. The league kept nothing. So there isn't a way to "credit" for the upcoming year. If you want money back, contact "Stitch-n-Time."
Finally, and this is speaking as an individual. I wish folks would just be appreciative that their child was recognized as an all-star and got to play in a league that does care about the kids.
There are other leagues, that cost more to play in, that just put kids "in open spots" on teams that play competitive ball. Often leading to a lopsided league where only one or two teams dominate competition.
BDY has, in the past 4/ 5 years that we've been associated with it, tried to think of the kids first, families second and league last.
I'm sorry you're not happy with the uniforms. That is a perfect reaction but, the league didn't cause your dissatisfaction.
However,if you feel that the league is ultimately at fault, you can volunteer for a position on the board next year (3rd weekend in January) and handle uniforms if you'd like.
Mr Cacy,
ReplyDeleteThanks for solving the problem. I could not have said it better myself. The only people complaining are those that sit back and do nothing while those of us year after year work our tails off and do the best we can. If they want to change things then I agree be at the meeting in January..... It is always posted in the paper!!!!!!!
iagree with jen and if you are gonna complain you need to be brave enough to use your name
ReplyDeletedenise
I was not going to post a comment because I dont believe its worth it when the person wont even use their name, but so glad that others did!
ReplyDeleteThe pants we have for All Stars are MUCH better quality than regular season AND given the fact that I had to order and have ready the Tball and the Coach Pitch uniforms in a matter of 3 -4 days because the State Directors changed the dates of the tournaments at the last minute, I think they looked great.
There is always someone that has to find something to gripe about and though most of us enjoy our "volunteer" work, its people like this that give us the most "headaches"! Those kids do not care if there are logos on their pants! I mean GET A GRIP! BDY has ALWAYS been about the KIDS, just wish the PARENTS would get that!
THIS IS POSTED AS ANONYMOUS - MY NAME IS CAROL
ReplyDeleteWell done James & Jennifer...WELL DONE !! Both for posting the facts so further confusion can be avoided and also the CARE & LOVE that you give the kids, as well as the game, to assure the kids can be kids & just have fun. Parents - don't forget the meeting in January.
Believe me I am not the only parent upset about the pants. As I recall all of the parents were very unhappy with the quality. I am very aware that baseball is about the kids and having fun but they also worked very hard to be on the All Stars teams. Our kids are representing Brighton and they should have looked professional. I am also aware of the fact that "your board" had very little time to prepare and I know how hard you worked to make that happen. I was not blaming anyone for the problem I simply wanted you to be aware of it, if there is so much confusing with Stitch N Time then maybe we should look into using another company. I am positive there are several that would be able to get our orders correct and done on time.
ReplyDeleteAs far as the anonymous part no I would rather not use my name only because I would not like to get the cold shoulder just because I spoke my mind.
I also am not one of the parents who just sits back and complains while everyone else does all the work. I have spent many nights cleaning up garbage after the games and helping out any where I can, I have volunteered on several occasions to help out our kids.
Let me say one more thing.... I know that you do not get paid to help and that you have worked very hard this year everyone have also done a good job, but I too feel it is about the kids having fun and we should not have to deal with cliques and people gossiping about others behind their backs.